The Vacant Label website, www.VacantLabel.com (the “Site”), is owned and run by Peirce Hill Investments Pte Ltd (UEN No 200311914K) (referred to here as "we", "our", "us"), a company incorporated in Singapore. The term "our services" refers to our online services and any of our other products and services offered from time to time. If you use any of our services, we will refer to you using the terms "you", "your", "yours" in this Policy. By using the Website, you accept and consent to the data practices and terms described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “Law”), the data controllers for any personal data we hold about you are Peirce Hill Investments Pte Ltd of 44 Emerald Hill Singapore 229320.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at the Site:
Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number, email address and/or other data you choose to provide to us. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
We collect your email address when you subscribe to Vacant Label newsletters.
If you register for a Vacant Label account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your marketing preferences.
If you are our customer, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for promotions and other direct marketing activities and events.
We collect and process data about your browsing on the Site, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the Site
When you contact our customer service team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the Site or any other queries.
If you are providing information (including Personal Information) about someone else, such as buying a gift to be directly shipped to said person, we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for said person.
If you provide your Facebook or other third-party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Site through a third party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts (“Third Party Account Information”) may be transmitted to your account with us, and that Third Party Account Information transmitted to our services is covered by this Policy.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Any member of our group, which means respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors, and assigns;
- When you purchase a product from the Site, we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, sending you purchase confirmations and receipts, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return;
- When you visit the Site, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the Site, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag;
- When you visit the Site, we will use some data about your use of the Site to help us improve and promote the Site and to customize your shopping experience with us. This will include data about how you came to the Site; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- When you sign up for our marketing communications and communication related thereto, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
- If you have purchased from the Site, we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services, including those offered by our partners, that may be of interest to you;
- We analyze contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and lifestyle data to tailor our marketing communications, website presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences. For example, if you have been browsing or have previously purchased a particular designer, we may send you an email to tell you that these are now on sale or display similar products to you as part of our internet advertising;
- When you contact our customer service team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information;
- to comply with applicable laws, legislation and regulations; and
- investigate and prevent fraudulent or illegal transactions or unauthorized access to the Site.
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the Law we must have a valid reason for using your personal data and we may not collect, store or use data about you that is not compatible with that reason. There are four valid reasons for our use of your personal data:
- Most of the data we collect from you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you or to enter into a contract with you, for example, you provide a billing address and email address when your purchase an order from us so that we can process your payment and send you your order confirmation.
- In certain circumstances we will ask for your permission or consent to use your personal data, for example, if we would like to send you marketing information about items we believe may be of interest to you via email. If you have given your consent to our use of your personal data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
- We may also have a legitimate interest in using your personal data, for example, to ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
- Lastly, we may be required to use your personal data to meet a legal obligation or to protect your interests, for example, we may exchange data with other specialist organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction and we will retain financial data long term to meet our statutory obligations.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share or disclose your personal data in connection with the purposes described in this Policy. This may include sharing your personal data with the following and by using the Site, you consent to the sharing of your personal data as follows:
- Facebook, Instagram or any other third party online platform (if you use your account with them to sign up or log in with us), if applicable;
- vendors, service providers, business partners, suppliers, subcontractors or agents who perform functions such as marketing, payment, fulfilment and delivery of orders, administration and processing of payments, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, and carrying out research and analysis. We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf;
- professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- third parties, who acquire us or substantially all of our assets, in which case your personal data (including any sensitive personal data) will be one of the transferred assets (however, we will let you know, on a best effort basis, before this happens); and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Site.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to access data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification or Erasure: You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right to retain it). This right does not extend to non-personal data. Please note that your rights to request erasure may be limited by applicable law.
- Restriction: You also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need to your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Data Portability: You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller if the legal basis for processing such personal data is consent.
- Object / Change of Preferences: You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. For example, if you have given your consent to receive updates or other marketing communications, but have changed your mind, you have the ability to opt out from receiving such communications going forward by contacting us using the details provided below or by clicking the relevant link in any communications you receive.
- Complaints: If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please see below for further information and contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the relevant authorities in your jurisdiction. To exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us using the contact details below. Where available, you may also be able to access, rectify, request the erasure, export and restrict the use of your personal data.
We will comply with your request to exercise the above-mentioned rights, to the extent required by applicable law. However, if you ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the Site or is required for us to provide you with a service (such as to manage your account), you may not be able to use the Site or the service as you did before.
This does not include your right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time without restrictions. Please allow at least 5 working days for your request to be confirmed.
To protect your confidentiality and to comply with applicable data protection laws, we may need to confirm your identity before we can action your request (for example, we will respond to a request as long as the email address is identical to that you have registered with us or otherwise provided to us, we may ask for a scanned copy of your photo ID or for you to confirm details of your transaction history with us). When contacting us, please state your name and provide valid contact details. As mentioned above, protecting your confidentiality and complying with any applicable data protection laws is important to us, we may therefore refuse to comply with any request unless it is supplied with such information as it may reasonably require to verify your identity. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable time and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
CHANGES TO AND QUERIES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change the terms of this Policy from time to time. Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. We encourage you to review our Policy whenever you use the Site. By continuing to use the Site or continuing to allow us to retain or process your personal data following any such changes to our Policy, you are deemed to have accepted such changes unless you expressly notify us otherwise in writing (except to the extent we are required to make such changes in accordance with applicable law).
If you have any queries, comments or require other information about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com. Please also contact us if you would like to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.